eAupair.com eAupair.com
Aupair RegistrationFamily RegistrationFAQHelpFind a matchLoginOnline ChatHomeQuick SearchLost LogineAupair ProDiscussion BoardeAupair.com NewsFeedbackPrivacy StatementHot ListMy detailsMessagingContact usManage my images on eAupair.com
eAuPair FAQ's


The Austrian residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) can only be applied for and obtained outside of Austria at an Austrian Embassy or Consulate..

Conditions for obtaining an au pair type visa:

1. The au pair must be between 18-28 years old.
2. The au pair can come to Austria for not more than 2 periods of 6 months each within 5 years. After the first 6 months the au pair has to apply for permission for the second 6 month period. The family has to inform the "Arbeitsamrkservice" 4 weeks before the first 6 Months are over if the Au-Pair wants stay another 1-6 Months.
3..The family has to register the au pair at the "Arbeitsmarktservice" 2 weeks before the au pair is due to arrive and show the signed au pair contract to get an "Anzeigenbestaetigung".

From 1 April1, 2001, au pairs from non-EEA countries, including the U.S., are exempt from the provisions of the Law Governing the Employment of Foreigners (Ausländerbeschäftigungsgesetz).

Under the new rules, the host family must submit a formal notification of employment (Anzeige) in advance to the regional office of the Austrian labor authorities (Arbeitsmarktservice/AMS). Information and forms may be accessed directly through the AMS homepage: http://www.ams.or.at/sfu/index.htm

Once they receive the formal notification request (Anzeige) and a contract of employment (Au-Pair-Vertrag) the labor authorities issue a confirmation authorizing the employment (Anzeigebestätigung). (Note: The contract must detail general conditions of employment, i.e., for 25 hours of child care per week and some housekeeping duties, au pairs must get lodging, EUR50 - 60 per per week and some access to educational opportunities).

Back to FAQs

  Copyright 1999-2023 © eAupair.com All Rights Reserved